- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
- 4 sesame seed hamburger rolls or crusty whole wheat bread
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1 tsp dried tarragon of 2 tsp fresh, chopped
- 2 shallots, minced of 1/4 onion minced
- 4 slices of ripe tomato
- Fresh watercress
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Turkey burgers cooked over charcoal are a healthy twist on burgers. You may also cook these burgers under a broiler or stove stop grill.
- Combine turkey meat with all the ingredients and shape into 4 patties.
- Place patties in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or until firm
- Grill over hot charcoal for 5 minutes on each side or under broiler for 6 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.
- Top each roll with Dijon mustard and watercress
- Internal temperature of burgers should be 160 degrees when done.