Green Tomato & Green Apple Chutney
|6 granny smith apples, cored, sliced and unpeeled|
|2 limes chopped|
|2 lemons chopped|
|2 green tomatoes. chopped|
|2 large yellow onions, sliced|
|1 cup golden raisins|
|4 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 cups cider vinegar|
|1 and 1/2 cups sugar|
|4 tsp fresh ginger, minced|
|2 tsp kosher salt|
|2 tsp red pepper flake|
This relish has a sweet and sour flavor profile with a spicy after burn.
Health Tip: Green Tomatoes have three times the amount of calcium as red tomatoes. (Emax Health)
- Combine apples, limes, lemons, tomatoes, onions, raisins and garlic in a large sauce pan.
- Add vinegar, sugar, ginger, salt and red peppers.
- Bring to a boil, then cook uncovered, over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, about 1 and 1/2 hours or until the mixture is thick and golden brown.
- Pour simmering chutney int hot sterilized jars and seal immediately
- Let stand 1 week before serving.