- 6 granny smith apples, cored, sliced and unpeeled
- 2 limes chopped
- 2 lemons chopped
- 2 green tomatoes. chopped
- 2 large yellow onions, sliced
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 and 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp red pepper flake
This relish has a sweet and sour flavor profile with a spicy after burn.
Health Tip: Green Tomatoes have three times the amount of calcium as red tomatoes. (Emax Health)
- Combine apples, limes, lemons, tomatoes, onions, raisins and garlic in a large sauce pan.
- Add vinegar, sugar, ginger, salt and red peppers.
- Bring to a boil, then cook uncovered, over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, about 1 and 1/2 hours or until the mixture is thick and golden brown.
- Pour simmering chutney int hot sterilized jars and seal immediately
- Let stand 1 week before serving.