Grilled Steaks in Madeira Sauce
- 1 and 1/2 cups demi-glace (use our search engine for recipe)
- 4 fillet Mignons
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1/4 cup beef stock (use our search engine for recipe)
- 1/4 cup Madeira wine
- 1 tbs butter
- olive oil for brushing
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb button mushrooms, sliced
Madeira wine sauce is a perfect accompaniment for this super tender cut of meat.
- Heat the demi-glace sauce. Add the tomato paste to the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Mix in the stock and simmer, skimming as necessary, until the sauce is syrupy in consistency, about 10 minutes longer.
- Whisk in the Madeira, mushrooms and butter and adjust seasoning.
- Season the steaks with salt and pepper and brush with a little oil.
- Grill or broil about 4 to 5 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- Gently reheat sauce.
- Serve the steaks with the sauce drizzled over.