How to Cook the Perfect Hard Boiled Egg
|4 hard boiled eggs|
If you have ever cooked a hard boiled egg with the yolk surrounded by a grayish green tint, the reason is because it is overcooked. Not only is the discoloration unsightly but it doesn’t taste very good. This method will give you perfect hard boiled eggs every time! Tip; add a little baking soda to the water when cooking. This will make it very easy to remove the shell.
- Fill a medium sized covered sauce pan with cold water.
- Carefully add the eggs.
- Bring the water to a boil
- As soon as the water reaches a boil, turn off heat and cover the pan.
- Leave the pan covered for 15 minutes, then place eggs in an ice bath or very cold water to stop the cooking.
- An easy method to peel the eggs is to place them in a covered sauce pan and shake back and forth vigorously.
- This will crack the shells all over and they can be removed easily.
- Upon opening the eggs you find the yolk is a beautiful bright yellow with no discoloration and cooked perfectly.