Indian Curried Chicken Livers with Green Beans
|6 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 lbs chicken livers trimmed and cut in half|
|2 scallions minced|
|1 tsp dried red pepper flakes|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp cumin|
|1 tsp curry powder|
|2 tsp garam masala|
|1 tsp fresh ginger|
|2 tbs dark brown sugar|
|1/2 cup water|
|1 lb green beans cut into 1 inch pieces|
This curry has all of the wonderful flavors of India. Turmeric, garlic, cumin, ginger and red peppers.
- In a bowl combine the garlic, scallions, red peppers, brown sugar, cumin, ginger, brown sugar, curry powder and garam masala with water and mix well.
- Place the chicken livers in a large saute pan and pour the curry sauce over.
- Simmer uncovered, over low heat for 45 minutes, adding water if necessary.
- Add green beans and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve with Jasmine or Basmati rice.