- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs chicken livers trimmed and cut in half
- 2 scallions minced
- 1 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 2 tbs dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 lb green beans cut into 1 inch pieces
This curry has all of the wonderful flavors of India. Turmeric, garlic, cumin, ginger and red peppers.
- In a bowl combine the garlic, scallions, red peppers, brown sugar, cumin, ginger, brown sugar, curry powder and garam masala with water and mix well.
- Place the chicken livers in a large saute pan and pour the curry sauce over.
- Simmer uncovered, over low heat for 45 minutes, adding water if necessary.
- Add green beans and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve with Jasmine or Basmati rice.