Indian Shrimp Curry
|3 lbs medium shrimp, peeled, deviened|
|3 tbs butter|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/4tsp crushed red pepper flakes|
|1 tsp ground cumin|
|1 tsp ground ginger|
|1/2 tsp turmeric|
|1/2 tsp ground coriander|
|1/2 tsp fenugreek|
|2 tbs flour|
|1 and 1/2 cups boiling chicken stock(use search for recipe or used canned)|
|juice of 2 limes|
|1 cup plain yogurt|
|1 cup frozen peas,snow peas or water chestnuts.( or you may use a combination of all three)|
This is relatively mild curry, it’s a good one to start with if you’ve never tried a curry before. Juicy shrimp are prepared with butter, garlic, cumin, ginger, coriander, and turmeric.
- In a large saute pan melt butter of medium heat, add onion, garlic, red peppers, cumin,ginger, turmeric, coriander and fenugreek. Saute for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add flour and cook stirring for 2 minutes.
- Add stock and whisk rapidly until smooth.
- Simmer uncovered for 8 to 10 minutes until sauce has reduced slightly.
- Add the shrimp, yogurt and lime juice. Mix well and let simmer for about 4 minutes.
- Add green peas and or water chestnuts .
- Serve with plain rice and chutney.