Lemon Mousse with Coconut
- 1 envelope of unflavored gelatin
- 2 tbs cold water
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- Grated rind of one lemon
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy cream,whipped
- Shredded coconut, for garnish
- mint leaves and orange peel for garnish
This is a delicious dessert that will melt in your mouth.
- In a sauce pan soften gelatin in water, then heat slowly until gelatin is dissolved.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly,and then add lemon juice and rind.
- Beat eggs until light and frothy, add sugar and beat until thick and lemon colored.
- Add gelatin mixture to eggs and mix well. Fold in sour cream and then whipped cream.
- Spoon into parfait glasses and top with a little shredded coconut.
- Chill for several hours before serving.