Lemon Mousse with Coconut
|1 envelope of unflavored gelatin|
|2 tbs cold water|
|1/3 cup fresh lemon juice|
|Grated rind of one lemon|
|3/4 cup of sugar|
|1/2 cup sour cream|
|1 cup heavy cream,whipped|
|Shredded coconut, for garnish|
|mint leaves and orange peel for garnish|
This is a delicious dessert that will melt in your mouth.
- In a sauce pan soften gelatin in water, then heat slowly until gelatin is dissolved.
- Remove from heat, cool slightly,and then add lemon juice and rind.
- Beat eggs until light and frothy, add sugar and beat until thick and lemon colored.
- Add gelatin mixture to eggs and mix well. Fold in sour cream and then whipped cream.
- Spoon into parfait glasses and top with a little shredded coconut.
- Chill for several hours before serving.