- 2 garlic cloves,minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 10 to 12 anchovy fillets, mashed into a paste
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas,thawed
- 1 lb of linguine cooked al dente
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
This is an easy pasta dish that gains its genesis from Venice Italy. Serves 6.
- In a small skilled over medium heat saute the garlic in olive oil until it begins to soften. Be careful not to burn.
- Stir in the anchovy fillets and cook for 2 to 3 minutes,stirring continuously.
- Stir in the red pepper flakes and the peas and lower the heat.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Put pasta in a large bowl, add the sauce and toss.
- Dust with fresh Parmesan cheese and serve.