Linguine with Anchovy Sauce and Peas
|2 garlic cloves,minced|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|10 to 12 anchovy fillets, mashed into a paste|
|1/2 tsp red pepper flakes|
|1/2 cup fresh or frozen peas,thawed|
|1 lb of linguine cooked al dente|
|Freshly grated Parmesan cheese|
This is an easy pasta dish that gains its genesis from Venice Italy. Serves 6.
- In a small skilled over medium heat saute the garlic in olive oil until it begins to soften. Be careful not to burn.
- Stir in the anchovy fillets and cook for 2 to 3 minutes,stirring continuously.
- Stir in the red pepper flakes and the peas and lower the heat.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Put pasta in a large bowl, add the sauce and toss.
- Dust with fresh Parmesan cheese and serve.