Manicotti Stuffed with Ricotta Parmesan Mozzarella and Spinach
- 1/2 lb manicotti noodles, cook according to package directions
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 1 and 1/2 lbs ricotta cheese
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 3 eggs,beaten
- 1 recipe for marinara sauce (use our search engine for recipe) or use 1 16 oz store brought jar.
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese for dusting.
This is an easy to make delicious Italian favorite.
- Cook noodles and drain well.
- Remove tough stems from spinach and cook in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Using paper towels or a clean dish towel, squeeze as much water out of the spinach as possible.
- Chop spinach into small pieces.
- Mix together the ricotta, mozzarella, 3/4 cup Parmesan, eggs and spinach.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Stuff cooked manicotti with the mixture, being careful not to break noodles.
- Cover the bottom of an oven proof baking dish with some of the marinara sauce,and place the stuffed noodles atop.
- Pour in enough sauce to almost cover the noodles and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes.