- 1 lb green beans
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp crushed dried basil
- 1/4 cup parsley,chopped
- 1 cup canned Italian plum tomatoes
Green beans with garlic and tomatoes marinated with olive oil, basil and parsley.
- Snap off ends of beans and remove strings.
- Cook in boiling salted water for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain and place in oven proof baking dish.
- In a saute pan saute the onion and garlic in olive oil, just until tender.
- Add salt, pepper, basil, parsley and tomatoes and simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Break up tomatoes with a wooden spoon.
- Pour sauce over green beans and bake in a pre heated oven for 20 minutes.
- Cool and allow to stand one hour.
- Marinate in the refrigerator a few hours and then bring to room temperature and serve.