Mexican Bean Dip
- 2 cans pinto beans drained
- 1 onion minced
- 1 tbs lard or canola oil (lard is used quite often of authentic Mexican cooking)
- 1/2 green pepper, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1 ( 4 oz) can mild green chilies, drained and minced
- 1 Serrano pepper, minced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
This is a great dip to serve with corn chips or crispy fried flour tortillas.
- In a saute pan, using medium heat add the lard or canola oil and saute the onion, garlic, green pepper, Saute until soft.
- Puree beans in a food processor.
- Add the sauteed onion and green pepper mixture, green chili, chili powder, Serrano chili and lime juice and process until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.