Mussels Marinated with Wine Vinegar and Herbs
|3 cups shelled freshly steamed mussels|
|1/3 cup olive oil|
|5 tbs red wine vinegar|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp Dijon mustard|
|2 shallots, finely minced|
|1 clove garlic, finely minced|
|2 tbs finely chopped dill|
|2 tbs finely chopped parsley|
|1 tbs finely chopped chives|
These mussels are marinated for several hours and are perfect served as an hors d’oeuvre or first course.
- Place mussels in a glass or ceramic bowl.
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and herbs. Blend well.
- Pour over mussels and mix gently.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours until flavors meld.
- Serve with tooth picks along with a crisp white wine.