Mussels Marinated with Wine Vinegar and Herbs
- 3 cups shelled freshly steamed mussels
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 5 tbs red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 shallots, finely minced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tbs finely chopped dill
- 2 tbs finely chopped parsley
- 1 tbs finely chopped chives
These mussels are marinated for several hours and are perfect served as an hors d’oeuvre or first course.
- Place mussels in a glass or ceramic bowl.
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and herbs. Blend well.
- Pour over mussels and mix gently.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours until flavors meld.
- Serve with tooth picks along with a crisp white wine.