Oysters with Mozzarella and Artichokes
|1 dozen oysters on the half shell|
|4 strips of thick sliced bacon|
|1 large stalk of celery|
|8 oz can of artichoke hearts, drained|
|1/2 lb of mozzarella, thinly sliced (you can also used smoked mozzarella)|
|1 shallot minced|
|Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This is a wonderful twist to prepare fresh oysters and is absolutely delicious.
- Mince bacon, shallots, celery and artichokes.
- In a saute pan fry the bacon for about 3 minutes using medium heat.
- Add the celery, shallots, and artichokes and saute for about 4 minutes. Cool
- Open the oysters, discarding the flat shells.
- Spoon some of the bacon and artichoke mixture over each oyster.
- Top each oyster with cheese and cook under an broiler for 10 to 12 minutes, until cheese slightly browns and is bubbling.
- Serve immediately.