Pasta in Herb Butter
|1 lb of pasta of your choice, cooked al dente
|2 sticks of unsalted butter
|2 tbs of fresh sage, stems removed, rubbed and chopped
|2 cups Parmesan cheese
|Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
In Italy the Italians like the pasta dishes as simple as possible. The meal is as much if not more about the pasta and not the sauce.
- Melt the butter in a large saute pan.
- Add the sage by rubbing it vigorously between the palms of your hands, letting the flakes drop into the butter.
- Stir and allow to cook over low heat for about 4 minutes. Be careful not to burn the butter.
- Add the pasta and toss well.
- Add the cheese and toss again.
- Serve immediately.