Pasta in Herb Butter
|1 lb of pasta of your choice, cooked al dente|
|2 sticks of unsalted butter|
|2 tbs of fresh sage, stems removed, rubbed and chopped|
|2 cups Parmesan cheese|
|Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
In Italy the Italians like the pasta dishes as simple as possible. The meal is as much if not more about the pasta and not the sauce.
- Melt the butter in a large saute pan.
- Add the sage by rubbing it vigorously between the palms of your hands, letting the flakes drop into the butter.
- Stir and allow to cook over low heat for about 4 minutes. Be careful not to burn the butter.
- Add the pasta and toss well.
- Add the cheese and toss again.
- Serve immediately.