Provincial Pot Roast
- 4 to 5 lb boneless or bone in beef rump roast
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 3 medium yellow onions
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 6 baby carrots
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup canned Italian style tomatoes, with sauce
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth
This a pot roast the sings with the flavors of Provence. Olive oil, tomatoes, and herbs.
- In a large heavy pot or dutch oven heat the olive oil.
- Add the roast and brown on all sides. Remove from pot
- In same pot saute the onions, green pepper and garlic and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Return the meat to the pan and add the tomatoes, carrots, oregano, basil, vermouth and green olives.
- Cover and cook in a 325 degree oven for about 3 hours, or until fork tender.
- More wine or stock may be added if liquid evaporates.