Provincial Pot Roast
|4 to 5 lb boneless or bone in beef rump roast|
|3 tbs olive oil|
|3 medium yellow onions|
|1 green pepper, chopped|
|6 baby carrots|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1 cup canned Italian style tomatoes, with sauce|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp oregano|
|1 tsp dried basil|
|1/2 cup pitted green olives|
|1/2 cup dry vermouth|
This a pot roast the sings with the flavors of Provence. Olive oil, tomatoes, and herbs.
- In a large heavy pot or dutch oven heat the olive oil.
- Add the roast and brown on all sides. Remove from pot
- In same pot saute the onions, green pepper and garlic and cook gently for 5 minutes.
- Return the meat to the pan and add the tomatoes, carrots, oregano, basil, vermouth and green olives.
- Cover and cook in a 325 degree oven for about 3 hours, or until fork tender.
- More wine or stock may be added if liquid evaporates.