Red Pepper Soup
|4 red bell peppers|
|2 tb unsalted butter|
|1 medium onion, chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|3 cups chicken broth (go to our search engine for chicken stock recipe)|
|1/2 cup half and half|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This is a wonderful rich creamy soup that may be served hot or cold.
- Roast red peppers on a foil lined pan in a 450 degree oven. Turn frequently to make sure peppers blister on all sides, about 20 minutes.
- Put peppers in a paper or plastic bag and seal. The seam will loosen the skins, so they may be removed easily.
- Peel and remove the stems and seeds.
- Heat the butter in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the red peppers, broth and onion mixture and red peppers to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth.
- Pour the red pepper mixture into another sauce pan over low heat and add the half and half.
- Season with salt and pepper.