Rigatoni Romana with Salami and Prosciutto
|1/2 cup sliced mushrooms|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|1/4 cup salami|
|1/4 cup prosciutto|
|2 tbs unsalted butter|
|1/2 cup cooked peas|
|2 tbs tomato paste|
|1 lb cooked rigatoni, cooked al dente|
|2 cups whipping cream|
|1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
|Chopped parsley for garnish|
This is a classic Italian preparation full of flavor and destined to be one of your favorites.
- In a saute pan, cook the mushrooms in the olive until tender. Remove mushrooms from pan.
- In the same pan add the butter and the salami a prosciutto and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the reserved mushrooms, peas, tomato paste and and mix well.
- Raise the heat to medium and add the cooked rigatoni, cream and 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Sprinkle with rest of the Parmesan and garnish with parsley.