Rigatoni Romana with Salami and Prosciutto
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup salami
- 1/4 cup prosciutto
- 2 tbs unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup cooked peas
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 lb cooked rigatoni, cooked al dente
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Chopped parsley for garnish
This is a classic Italian preparation full of flavor and destined to be one of your favorites.
- In a saute pan, cook the mushrooms in the olive until tender. Remove mushrooms from pan.
- In the same pan add the butter and the salami a prosciutto and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add the reserved mushrooms, peas, tomato paste and and mix well.
- Raise the heat to medium and add the cooked rigatoni, cream and 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Sprinkle with rest of the Parmesan and garnish with parsley.