Roast Pork with Apricot Sauce
|1 ( 4 to 5 lb) pork roast|
|3 cloves garlic cut into slivers|
|Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 jar of apricot preserves|
|1/3 cup soy sauce|
|2 cloves garlic, mnced|
|1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes|
|2 tbs dark brown sugar|
This apricot fruit glaze along with soy sauce and garlic give this pork great depth of flavor.
- With a sharp knife make small slashes at regular intervals in the roast.
- Insert the garlic slivers.
- Sprinkle the roast with salt and pepper.
- Bake in a pre heated 350 degree oven for 3 hours.
- In a small sauce pan combine apricot preserves, soy sauce, minced garlic, red peppers and brown sugar. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Baste the roast several times with this mixture during roasting period.
- When pork is done. let rest for 15 minutes, then cut into thick slices and serve with remainder of sauce.