Roast Turkey with Indian Spices
|1 12 lb turkey|
|3 tbs butter|
|1 large onion,minced|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes|
|1 tsp cumin|
|1 tsp fresh ginger,minced|
|1/2 tsp tumeric|
|1/2 tsp corriander|
|1/4 tsp ground cardamom|
|1/4 tsp ground cloves|
- Wash and dry turkey thoroughly inside and out.
- In a saute pan heat butter; add onion,garlic, red pepper, cumin, ginger, cardamom and cloves and turmeric.
- Saute,stirring for 5 minutes.
- Brush the turkey all over, generously with the spiced butter.
- Cover with an aluminum foil tent and roast in a preheated 325 degree oven, 20 minutes per pound.
- Baste frequently with the spiced butter.
- Remove tent for the last 40 minutes of roasting.
- This recipe is great served with various chutneys (use search engine for recipes)