Roasted Peppers in Vinaigrette
- 2 large green bell peppers
- 2 large red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
In this recipe it is the charring of the peppers which gives the dish it’s characteristic and unique taste. These peppers are great served with crusty bread.
- Char peppers on all sides by placing them on a grill over hot charcoal or by holding them on a long fork over a gas flame, turning frequently.
- Place peppers in a closed paper bag of plastic zip lock bag and close.
- Let the peppers remain in bag for about 5 minutes.This will loosen skins.
- Cut off stem ends and remove charred skins and seeds.
- Cut peppers into 1 inch pieces.
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour vinaigrette over peppers.
- Marinate several hours before serving at room temperature.