Roasted Peppers in Vinaigrette
|2 large green bell peppers|
|2 large red bell peppers|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|1/4 cup red wine vinegar|
|1 clove garlic minced|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
In this recipe it is the charring of the peppers which gives the dish it’s characteristic and unique taste. These peppers are great served with crusty bread.
- Char peppers on all sides by placing them on a grill over hot charcoal or by holding them on a long fork over a gas flame, turning frequently.
- Place peppers in a closed paper bag of plastic zip lock bag and close.
- Let the peppers remain in bag for about 5 minutes.This will loosen skins.
- Cut off stem ends and remove charred skins and seeds.
- Cut peppers into 1 inch pieces.
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Pour vinaigrette over peppers.
- Marinate several hours before serving at room temperature.