Rum Raisin Sauce
This a wonderful sauce that is perfect drizzled over ice cream, cakes and other sweet desserts.
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- Simmer the raisins in water until soft, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Stir in the brown sugar and salt. Continue stirring over low heat until all the sugar has dissolved, another 10 minutes.
- Stir in the lemon juice, remove from the heat and stir in the rum.
- Serve over ice cream.