|1 lb of fresh salmon fillet, skin and bones removed|
|2 tbs butter|
|2 carrots, diced|
|1 rib of celery, diced|
|4 cups of fish or chicken stock (use our search engine for a recipe for fish or chicken stock)|
|1/2 cup dry sherry|
|1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped|
|1 cup sour cream|
|1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg|
|1/2 cup parsley|
|Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
Most frequently you will find recipes for bisque that are either lobster or shrimp. This version of bisque is smooth and silky and absolutely delicious.
- In a saute pan cook the celery, carrots and onion tender.
- Place salmon in a pot with the fish or chicken stock and simmer for about 10 minutes. to 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove from stock, set aside and let cool.
- Continue to simmer stock over low heat.
- Place fish in a food processor with the sauteed vegetables and 1/2 of the stock. Puree until smooth.
- If the mixture is too thick add more of the warm stock.
- Pour pureed mixture in a sauce pan and stir in the sour cream and sherry and nutmeg.
- Simmer till warm, but do not boil.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley.