- 1 lb of fresh salmon fillet, skin and bones removed
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 rib of celery, diced
- 4 cups of fish or chicken stock (use our search engine for a recipe for fish or chicken stock)
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 cup parsley
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Most frequently you will find recipes for bisque that are either lobster or shrimp. This version of bisque is smooth and silky and absolutely delicious.
- In a saute pan cook the celery, carrots and onion tender.
- Place salmon in a pot with the fish or chicken stock and simmer for about 10 minutes. to 15 minutes.
- Carefully remove from stock, set aside and let cool.
- Continue to simmer stock over low heat.
- Place fish in a food processor with the sauteed vegetables and 1/2 of the stock. Puree until smooth.
- If the mixture is too thick add more of the warm stock.
- Pour pureed mixture in a sauce pan and stir in the sour cream and sherry and nutmeg.
- Simmer till warm, but do not boil.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley.