Sea Bass with Cream Sauce
- 2 lbs of sea bass fillets
- 6 tbs of clarified butter (use our search engine for clarified butter recipe)
- 1 tsp chopped shallots
- 1/2 pound of button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh tarragon of 1/4 tsp dried
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Chopped parsley and tomatoes for garnish
Sea bass is one of our favorite fish. It’s white flaky flesh is delicious. You may also use flounder or sole for this recipe.
- Saute the sea bass in the clarified butter.over low heat for about 2 minutes
- Add the shallots and tarragon and cook briefly.
- Saute the mushrooms in butter for about 3 minutes then remove.
- Drain off the excess butter, then add the wine and cook briefly.
- Add the lemon juice and cook until the fillets are done.
- Remove the fillets to a warm serving plate.
- Over medium heat, add the cream to the liquid left in the saute pan and cook until it reduces by about a third. Stirring constantly.
- Pour the sauce over the fillets garnish with parsley and serve.