Stir Fried Pork with Snap Peas and Baby Corn
- 1 lb pork tenderloin
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 1/2 lb baby corn
- 1/2 lb sugar snap peas
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 3 tbs peanut oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 piece of star anise
This is an Americanized version of a classic Chinese stir fry dish.
- Trim pork tenderloin and cut across into 1/4 inch slices.
- Cut peeled carrots into 3 inch sticks.
- Blanch vegetables in boiling salted water for 2 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold water.
- Heat oil in wok or large saute pan.
- Add the pork and stir fry over high heat until well browned and almost tender. About3 minutes.
- Add the star anise, cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the vegetables and continue stirring over high heat for another 3 minutes.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring well.
- Adjust the seasoning and serve over white rice or noodles.