Stuffed Burgers with Blue Cheese and Bacon
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 4 tbs crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 onions
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 8 strips of bacon
- 4 sesame seed hamburger rolls
- lettuce and tomato for garnish
These zesty burgers have a moist blue cheese stuffing and crispy bacon and caramelized onions on top. Serve on toasted sesame seed buns.
- In a skillet fry bacon until slightly under crispy.
- Slice the onions into rounds then in half. Add to a saute pan with a little oil and cook using medium heat for about 20 minutes until caramelized.
- Place meat in a large bowl and add the garlic, powder, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Mix well. Cover bowl and return meat to refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove meat from refrigerator, and form into 8 equal sized patties.
- Spread the cheese equally on4 of the patties about 1/4 inch from the edge.
- Press the remaining patty over the cheese patty and crimp the edges to seal filling inside.
- Grill over charcoal or on a stove top grill. About 4 minutes per side.
- Toast the hamburger buns.
- Place each burger on bun add 2 strips of bacon and any condiments that you would like.