Stuffed Burgers with Blue Cheese and Bacon
|1 lb ground chuck|
|4 tbs crumbled blue cheese|
|2 tsp Worcestershire sauce|
|1 tsp garlic powder|
|1 tsp onion powder|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|8 strips of bacon|
|4 sesame seed hamburger rolls|
|lettuce and tomato for garnish|
These zesty burgers have a moist blue cheese stuffing and crispy bacon and caramelized onions on top. Serve on toasted sesame seed buns.
- In a skillet fry bacon until slightly under crispy.
- Slice the onions into rounds then in half. Add to a saute pan with a little oil and cook using medium heat for about 20 minutes until caramelized.
- Place meat in a large bowl and add the garlic, powder, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Mix well. Cover bowl and return meat to refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove meat from refrigerator, and form into 8 equal sized patties.
- Spread the cheese equally on4 of the patties about 1/4 inch from the edge.
- Press the remaining patty over the cheese patty and crimp the edges to seal filling inside.
- Grill over charcoal or on a stove top grill. About 4 minutes per side.
- Toast the hamburger buns.
- Place each burger on bun add 2 strips of bacon and any condiments that you would like.