|1 lb lean ground beef|
|1/2 lb ground veal|
|2 slices stale white bread, crusts removed|
|1/3 cup milk|
|2 tbs butter|
|1 medium onion, minced|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 and 1/4 tsp ground allspice|
|1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce|
|1 egg, beaten|
|1 tbs flour|
|2/3 cup sour cream|
These classic meatballs are great to serve at a buffet. These meatballs are a combination of beef and veal, seasoned with all spice and bathed in a sour cream sauce.
- Cut the bread into small cubes and soak in the milk for 5 or 10 minutes.
- In a large saute pan heat the butter and saute the onion gently until tender.
- Combine the beef and veal with the bread,milk and onion, salt and pepper, 1 tsp allspice,dash of Tabasco and egg.
- Mix well with wet hands and shape into small balls.
- Over moderate heat , using the same saute pan, add the meatballs and brown well on all sides.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the saute pan add flour to the pan drippings and mix well.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring.
- Add sour cream, 1/4 tsp Tabasco, 1/4 tsp allspice, salt and pepper.
- Cook gently,stirring constantly, over low heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Do not boil.
- Add the meatballs, then serve.