Thai Red Curry Mussels with Basil and Ginger
- 2 lbs mussels, cleaned
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tsp chopped ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1 tbs Thai red curry paste
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 tbs chopped basil
- 1 tbs fish sauce
This is an easy recipe with a delicious spicy red curry sauce.
- Clean the mussels by rinsing under cold water.
- In a deep pan or dutch oven saute the garlic, ginger and onion in the sesame oil until soft. About 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, curry paste, tomatoes and fish sauce.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the mussels and cook until they open about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the basil, stir.
- Place mussels in bowls with some broth poured over mussels.
- Serve with crusty bread.