- 1 lb fresh ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- dash of white wine or champagne vinegar
This is a wonderful vinaigrette. The key is to use absolutely fresh vine ripe tomatoes. This dressing is perfect on a fresh crisp salad. It is seasoned with olive oil, sugar and white wine vinegar.
- Quarter tomatoes and add to a blender or food processor. Alternatively you may grate the tomatoes on a box grater for more of a chunky texture.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and puree again.
- Pour mixture into a wire strainer and push through with a wooden spoon.