Asparagus with Roasted Red Peppers
|1 lb of fresh asparagus, tough ends removed (just hold asparagus in both hands near the bottom an apply a little pressure. The tough end will snap off)|
|1 large jar of roasted red peppers, drained and chopped|
|1/4 cup onion, chopped|
|2 cloves garlic, chopped|
|1 cup water|
|1 tsp dried tarragon or other herbs of your choice|
|1 tbs chopped parsley|
|1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
Spring time says asparagus. This recipe marries asparagus with roasted red peppers and herbs You may prepare it in less than 30 minutes. 6 to 8 servings.
- In a large sauce pan bring water to a boil.
- Add the garlic and onion and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat and add the asparagus spears. Cook for another 3 to 4 minutes until asparagus are bright green and slightly tender and still crisp.
- Drain asparagus, discard onion and garlic.
- Place asparagus on a platter and sprinkle with the oil, herbs and roasted red pepper.
- Season with salt and pepper.