Avocado Pineapple Salad with Honey and Mint
- 2 hass avocados
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 8 romaine lettuce leaves
- 4 fresh pineapple slice or 4 canned with juice
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Chopped mint
- small hand full of cilantro leaves
- 1/2 red onion sliced thinly
A marriage made in heaven. Avocado and pineapple.
- Cut avocado lengthwise into halves.
- Remove seed and remove meat from skin.
- Sprinkle with 2 tsp of lemon juice to retard discoloration. Set aside.
- Line 4 salad plates with lettuce leaves.
- Place one slice of pineapple on each plate.
- Spoon cottage cheese equally over each pineapple slice.
- Thinly slice onions and place over salad.
- Place 4 avocado slices on top of each serving. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine honey. 1/4 cup lemon juice and mint.
- Pour over pineapple and avocado slices.