This is a great opportunity for you to try quiona (pronounced keen-wah). It is readily available at local grocery stores. Quinoa is a South American grain that was a staple of the ancient Incas. They called it the “mother grain” It is super healthy and is considered a complete protein.
- 1 mango and cut into a small dice
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed and cut into small dice
- 1 cup thinly sliced spring onions
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar or champagne vinegar
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cups cooked quiona,(about 3/4 cup raw) follow package directions and cool after cooking.
- 1 (15 0z) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 to 2 Serrano or jalapeno peppers, seeds and ribs removed (if you like it spicy add more if not use less or eliminate entirely.
- 2 cups of mixed greens.
- Mix all ingredients together and serve over mixed greens.