Charcoal Grilled Chinese Baby Back Ribs
- 1 rack of baby back ribs
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 scallions chopped.
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 tsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 4 tsps of white vinegar
These ribs are precooked in the oven and then marinated. This cuts the grilling time considerably and keeps the ribs juicy and flavorful. If you want to cook ribs for a crowd this recipe may be doubled or tripled.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wrap ribs in foil and sprinkle garlic and scallions all over .
- Seal foil tightly.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes open foil and place ribs in a baking dish along with its cooking juices. (you may have to cut the rack in half)
- Mix together the soy sauce, hoisin, ginger, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Pour the marinade over the ribs cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove ribs from marinade and grill over hot coals. About 7 minutes per side.
- During cooking baste the ribs with the reserved marinade.