Charcoal Grilled Chinese Baby Back Ribs
|1 rack of baby back ribs|
|3 cloves of garlic, minced|
|3 scallions chopped.|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1/2 cup soy sauce|
|4 tsp hoisin sauce|
|1 tbs fresh ginger, minced or grated|
|4 tsps of white vinegar|
These ribs are precooked in the oven and then marinated. This cuts the grilling time considerably and keeps the ribs juicy and flavorful. If you want to cook ribs for a crowd this recipe may be doubled or tripled.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wrap ribs in foil and sprinkle garlic and scallions all over .
- Seal foil tightly.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes open foil and place ribs in a baking dish along with its cooking juices. (you may have to cut the rack in half)
- Mix together the soy sauce, hoisin, ginger, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Pour the marinade over the ribs cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove ribs from marinade and grill over hot coals. About 7 minutes per side.
- During cooking baste the ribs with the reserved marinade.