Cheese and Garlic Stuffed Roasted Peppers
|2 red bell peppers|
|2 orange or yellow bell peppers|
|1/4 lb of goat cheese, crumbled|
|1/4 lb of Monterey Jack cheese, shredded|
|2 cloves garlic, crushed|
|1 tsp dried basil|
|1 tsp dried oregano|
|juice of 1/2 lemon|
Goat cheese, Jack cheese and bell peppers are delicious together. This recipe marries these wonderful flavors with the extra kick of garlic.
- Cut peppers in half length wise and place under a broiler or roast over a gas flame until the skin if black and blistered.
- Place peppers in a zip lock bag for 5 minutes.
- Remove peppers from bag. Skin should remove easily.
- Mix the cheeses, garlic, lemon juice and herbs in a small bowl.
- Spoon about 2 tbs of the cheese mixture onto each pepper half.
- Place the filled pepper under the broiler pan and broil about 6 inches from the heat source.
- Broil until cheese starts to brown slightly and is bubbly.