Whole Wheat Cherry Crumble Cake
- 2 and 1/2 cups cherry pie filling
- 8 tbs unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbs pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
This is a delicious dessert the is wonderful served with a hot cup of coffee.
- Grease a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy.
- Gradually add the flour, salt and oats.
- Mix with finger tips until crumbly.
- Spread half of the oat mixture evenly into the spring form pan, raising the sides slightly.
- Pour cherry mixture evenly over the oats.
- Crumble the remaining mixture over the top of the cherries.
- Bake for 45 minutes until lightly browned.
- Let cool then serve.