Chinese Turkey Rice Ball Appetizers
|1 lb ground turkey|
|2 cloves garlic minced|
|1 small onion minced|
|1/4 cup fresh spinach, minced|
|2 tbs soy sauce|
|1 small knob of fresh ginger, minced|
|1 tbs dry sherry|
|1 egg, lightly beaten|
|1 tsp honey|
|1 cup short grain rice, soaked in water for 20 minutes then drained|
This is great appetizer that is not typically Chinese but uses some bold Chinese flavors.
- In a bowl mix all ingredients, except for the rice.
- Wet hands and roll the meat mixture into balls approximately 1 and 1/2 inches.
- Roll balls in the rice, one at a time.
- Place the balls on a greased steamer rack or bamboo steamer and steam balls for about 30 minutes over high heat.
- You many need to add more water to the steam pan as necessary.
- Serve with Chinese mustard.