Margarita Fruit Salad
|3 tbs tequila|
|3 tbs orange flavored liqueur|
|3 tbs orange marmalade|
|2 tbs fresh lime juice (juice from 1 lime)|
This is recipe that was provided by Janet K Keeler who is the food and travel editor of the St. Petersburg Times. It takes the flavors of your classic margarita and applies them to a fresh fruit salad.
- 4 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 4 oranges, peeled, sectioned and cut in small pieces
- 1 honeydew melon, rind and seed removed, and cut into small pieces
- 1 small cantelope, rind and seeds removed, and cut into small pieces
- In a large bowl, mix together tequila, orange-flavored liqueur, orange marmalade and lime juice.
- Add the strawberries, cantelope and honeydew.
- Stir to combine and refrigerate for several hours or overnight to all flavors to marry.