Creamed Kale with Red Pepper
- 2 lbs of fresh kale, stems removed
- 1 cup bell pepper diced (red or orange)
- 2 tbs of unsalted butter
- 2 tbs flour
- 1 cup half and half
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 cup water
This a unique preparation for Kale and it is absolutely delicious, especially in this creamy sauce.
- Wash kale throughly.
- Cut or tear leaves in to small pieces
- Place kale and red peppers in a saute pan using medium high heat and add 1/4 cup of water.
- Reduce heat and cover. Cook for about 5 minutes until leaves are wilted.
- Remove kale and peppers from pan and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a sauce pan.
- Add the flour and stir with a wooden spoon constantly for about 1 minute.
- Whisk in half and half and stir to mix until sauce is smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and add in the kale and peppers and sugar.