Glazed Whole Ham
- 1 smoked bone-in ham.
- 15 to 30 cloves, depending on the size of the ham
- 4 bay leaves
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbs crushed brown mustard seed
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tbs of fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1/4 cup water
Old fashioned smoked ham makes a great meal for a large gathering of holiday meal. We prefer hams that are from local farmers as opposed to Smithfield hams where the pigs are raised in less than ideal conditions. Bone in hams have much better flavor. You may go to our local harvest to locate a farmer in you area that raises high quality pork. Local Harvest
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove the netting or covering from the ham and scrub it under running water.
- Stud the ham with as many cloves as you would like. More is better. The easiest teqnique to use is to pierce the ham with the tip of a knife, then insert the clove.
- Place the ham on rack in a large roasting pan.
- Crumble the bay leaves over the top of the ham.
- Roast the ham for 12 to 15 minutes per pound.
- Remove the ham from the oven and let stand for at least 30 minutes or longer.
- Remove any excess fat, slice and serve.