Florida Key Orange Pie
|1cup heavy cream|
|1/4 cup cold water|
|1 packed of unflavored gelatin|
|6 oz can frozen orange juice concentrate|
|8 oz's cream cheese, softened|
|3/4 cup confectioners sugar|
|2 tsp's pure vanilla extract|
|2 tbs Grand Marnier|
|9 inch graham cracker crust (available in supermarket)|
|Orange slices for garnish|
|zest of 1 orange for garnish|
This is a super simple dessert to compare. It is similar to key lime pie except that it’s flavor is orange. 8 servings.
- In a blender add the gelatin and 1/4 cup of cold water. Let it stand for about a minute.
- In a sauce pan using medium high heat, bring cream almost to a boil.
- Once cream is almost boiling, add it to the blender with the gelatin.
- Process on low until the gelatin has dissolved.
- Add the concentrated orange juice, cream cheese, sugar,vanilla, and Grand Marnier.
- Process until it is all well blended.
- Chill for 20 minutes, then pour into the crust.
- Chill pie for 2 to 3 hours, until it firms up.
- Garnish with orange slices.