This is a wonderful Greek version of coleslaw to add to your recipe arsenal.
- 2 tbs Greek yogurt
- 2 tbs sour cream or Creme Fraiche
- 4 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup cucumber, chopped
- 4 scallions, sliced thin (white and green parts)
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 10 kalamatta olives, seeded and chopped
- 1 tbs chopped almonds (optional)
- small bunch chives, cut into half inch pieces
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Combine cabbage and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the slaw and toss gently to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to marry.