Grilled Fennel Flavored Pork Kebabs
|1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 1 inch chunks|
|1 tsp ground fennel seed|
|2 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|2 tsp lemon juice|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste|
|8 small new potatoes|
|2 fennel bulbs|
The sharp anise flavor of fennel marry well with pork. This kebab alternates pork with fennel and new potatoes.
- Cut pork into 1 inch chunks
- Combine the ground fennel, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Rub mixture into meat and marinate for 1 hour before grilling
- Par boil the potatoes for 10 to 15 until just before fork tender.
- Cut each fennel bulb into four equal pieces, leaving the root end in tack.
- Thread meat, potatoes and fennel on 4 pre soaked bamboo skewers. Alternate pork, potatoes and fennel pieces.
- Grill over hot coals for about 15 minutes, turning several times during cooking.