Grilled Oysters with Spicy Mignonette Sauce
- 12 oysters in shell, scrubbed
- 3 tbs tarragon wine vinegar
- 1 tbs shallot, minced
- 2 green onions,chopped
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/2 tsp lemon rind, grated
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Grilled oysters in the shell are fun for an informal get together. Clams and mussels are also good candidates for grilling. Serves 2.
- Scrub shells and place over hot coals or a preheated grill with the deeper side of the oyster down in order to keep most of the liquid in the oyster.
- Grill for 8 to 10 minutes or until the oysters open slightly and start to sizzle. Discard any oysters that do not open.
- Handle hot shells carefully and pry them open all the way.
- Run a small knife under he oyster to release from the shell.
- Add a small amount of the mignonette sauce atop the oyster and serve.
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce and allow to stand for 1 hour before serving.