Grilled Oysters with Spicy Mignonette Sauce
|12 oysters in shell, scrubbed|
|3 tbs tarragon wine vinegar|
|1 tbs shallot, minced|
|2 green onions,chopped|
|1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced|
|1/2 tsp lemon rind, grated|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
Grilled oysters in the shell are fun for an informal get together. Clams and mussels are also good candidates for grilling. Serves 2.
- Scrub shells and place over hot coals or a preheated grill with the deeper side of the oyster down in order to keep most of the liquid in the oyster.
- Grill for 8 to 10 minutes or until the oysters open slightly and start to sizzle. Discard any oysters that do not open.
- Handle hot shells carefully and pry them open all the way.
- Run a small knife under he oyster to release from the shell.
- Add a small amount of the mignonette sauce atop the oyster and serve.
- Combine all the ingredients for the sauce and allow to stand for 1 hour before serving.