Grilled Pepper Scallops with Garlic and White Wine and Peppers
- 2 red bell peppers
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 1 lb large scallops(about 12)
- 2 tbs of basil butter (recipe below)
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter
- Basil Butter:
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tbs garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
This is a wonderful way to prepare scallops. You may cook the scallops over charcoal or on a stove top grill.
- Add ingredients for butter in the bowl of a food processor and process until butter turns a light green.
- Remove butter from bowl and reserve.
- Cut peppers in half and remove seeds and white pith.
- place peppers cut side down on a cookie sheet that is lightly covered with oil.
- Roast at 350 degrees until tender. About 10 minutes.
- Cut peppers into 1 inch pieces. (length wise)
- Grill scallops for 2 minutes on each side (no longer) set aside.
- In a saute pan place roasted peppers slices, some of the basil butter, 1/2 cup of dry white wine and the remainder of the garlic and saute for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the scallops and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Place mixture on a serving platter over a bed of linguine or over a farm fresh salad as pictured.