Indian Grilled Chicken Strips
- For Marinade:
- 8 oz plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp of feneugreek
- 1 tsp curry powder
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Sliced tomatoes and cucumbers (for serving)
- Raita dip (for spreading)
These are a delicious, low calorie appetizer and are good served in pita pockets or with naan bread along with thinly sliced cucumbers, tomatoes and a raita dip. (use our search engine for the recipe for raita dip and nann bread)
- Slightly flatten chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap.
- Cut chicken breasts length wise in to 2 inch wide strips.
- Thread each piece on 2 pre-soaked bamboo skewers, placed about 1 inch apart.
- This will help keep meat flat while grilling.
- Combine marinade ingredients and place in a shallow baking dish and add the chicken skewers.
- Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place over hot charcoals and grill for about 2 minutes per side.
- You may use some of the left over marinade to baste the chicken.
- You may also cook the skewers under a hot broiler, but charcoal is much better.