Indian Grilled Chicken Strips
|8 oz plain yogurt|
|1/2 tsp cumin|
|1/4 tsp dry mustard|
|1 tsp cayenne pepper|
|4 boneless skinless chicken breasts|
|1 tsp turmeric|
|1 tsp of feneugreek|
|1 tsp curry powder|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|Sliced tomatoes and cucumbers (for serving)|
|Raita dip (for spreading)|
These are a delicious, low calorie appetizer and are good served in pita pockets or with naan bread along with thinly sliced cucumbers, tomatoes and a raita dip. (use our search engine for the recipe for raita dip and nann bread)
- Slightly flatten chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap.
- Cut chicken breasts length wise in to 2 inch wide strips.
- Thread each piece on 2 pre-soaked bamboo skewers, placed about 1 inch apart.
- This will help keep meat flat while grilling.
- Combine marinade ingredients and place in a shallow baking dish and add the chicken skewers.
- Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade and place over hot charcoals and grill for about 2 minutes per side.
- You may use some of the left over marinade to baste the chicken.
- You may also cook the skewers under a hot broiler, but charcoal is much better.