This is a great dessert treat guaranteed to make you famous. Your friends and family will line up for these specialties.
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp shredded lemon peel
- 3 tbs lemon juice
- 2 tbs flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- extra powdered sugar
- Mix together 1 cup of flour and 1/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- Cut in the butter until mixture clings together.
- Pat into an un-greased 8x8x2 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Beat eggs in a mixing bowl.
- add granulated sugar, lemon peel and juice.
- Beat until slightly thick and smooth, for 8-10 minutes.
- Stir 2 tbs of flour and baking powder together.
- Add to egg mixture and blend just till all is moistened.
- Pour over baked layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Sift powdered sugar over the top
- Once cooled down, cut into bars.