|3/4 cup sugar|
|1/2 cup cornstarch|
|2 cups milk|
|1 cup half and half|
|1 cup lemon juice|
|2 tsp grated lemon peel|
|1 tsp pure vanilla extract|
|2 cups of whipped topping (cool whip or canned whip cream)|
|3 to 4 drops of yellow food coloring.|
|Mint for garnish|
This is a creamy sweet dessert that you can make in less than 30 minutes. I’ts great served with pound cake or crispy cookies.
- In a large sauce pan, combine the sugar and cornstarch.
- Gradually pour in milk and half and half, until smooth.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in lemon juice, lemon peel and vanilla.
- Set sauce pan in a large bowl filled with ice.
- Stir until mixture reaches room temperature, about 5 minutes.
- Fold in whipped topping and food coloring.
- Spoon into dessert dishes and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Garnish with several mint leaves.