Macaroni Salad with Artichokes Baby Corn and Peas
|2 tbs of ranch dressing|
|1/2 cup buttermilk|
|1/2 cup mayonnaise|
|1 14 oz jar of artichoke hearts,drained and chopped|
|12 oz bag of frozen peas,thawed|
|2 cups elbow macaroni, cook according to package directions and rinsed|
|1 large jar of baby corn, drained and chopped into 1/2 inch pieces|
|1 bunch of scallions, chopped. White and green parts|
|1 red bell pepper chopped in small pieces|
|3 cups of cooked chicken, chopped into small pieces|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
|Blue cheese crumbles for toppings|
|Tomatoes, quartered for garnish|
|Sprouts, for garnish|
This is a great salad to serve a crowd of hungry people.Very easy to make with some store brought ingredients.
- In a small bowl mix together the salad dressing, buttermilk and mayonnaise. Mix well.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the cooked macaroni, peas, artichoke hearts, onions, bell pepper and baby corn and gently mix well.
- Add the chicken and gently mix.
- Add in some dressing, a little at a time, to make sure that you don’t over dress salad.
- Add your choice of toppings
- Chill for 1 hour then serve.