Orange Roughy with Pink Sauce
|3 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|1 lb Orange Roughy fllets|
|1/4 pound medium shrimp,peel and deveined|
|2 shallots, minced|
|6 scallions, chopped, white and green parts|
|6 cloves of garlic|
|1/3 rd can of ready cut canned tomatoes|
|1/3 cup of white wine|
|1/4 cup lemon juice|
|1/3 tsp dill|
|1/3 cup creme fraiche (use our search engine for recipe or purchase ready made)|
|1 lb of spaghetti|
Orange Roughy is a Southern Pacific fish, low in fat, flaky white flesh with a delicate texture.Taste wise it very lobster like..This recipe combines Orange Roughy with shrimp, pasta and a pink tomato sauce. Recipe courtesy of Nathan Collins.
- Saute the fish in olive oil until cooked through.
- Remove the fish, place on paper towels to drain and set aside.
- Saute the shallots, green oinions and whole cloves of garlic with a dash of salt for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, wine, dill and lemon juice and simmer for 5 minutes and reduce by 10 to 20%.
- Transfer to a blender and puree.
- Pour back into the pan and add the fish, shrimp and cream.
- Bring to a simmerand cook for 5 to 10 minutes until shrimp is cook through.
- Serve over spaghetti or pasta of your choice.