Pasta with Broccoli Sun Dried Tomatoes and Garlic Oil
- 2 cups or corkscrew pasta
- 1 tbs garlic, minced
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 lb button mushrooms, sliced into quarters
- 2 tbs sun dried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp dried basil or 1 tbs fresh
- Cook pasta in salted water. Drain and reserve 1/2 cup of cooking water.
- Blanch the broccoli florets in boiling water for 1 to 2 minutes.
- heat oil in a saute pan, add the garlic and saute for several minutes on medium low heat.
- Add the mushrooms and saute for 1 minute
- Add the sun dried tomatoes and oregano.
- Mix well and remove from stove.
- Mix pasta and reserved pasta water in a large bowl.
- Add the broccoli and pour the garlic oil mixture over pasta and toss gently to coat.