- 7 cups of fresh raspberries
- 1 and 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups of champagne, chilled
- 1 cup orange juice
- Raspberries for garnish
- Orange slices for garnish
- mint for garnish
This is wonderful dessert that can be made with or without an ice cream machine. Serves 10.
- Place raspberries and sugar in a food processor or blend and process until smooth.
- Strain the mixture into a bowl through a wire sieve to remove seeds.
- Add the orange juice and champagne and mix well.
- If you have an ice cream machine pour the mixture into the freezer of the machine and follow manufacturer’s instructions.
- If you don’t have a ice cream machine, place mixture in a freezer proof plastic container and place in the freezer.
- Remove the mixture from the freezer every hour and a half or so and stir the mixture, moving the ice crystals around.
- Continue this process until mixture reaches the desired consistency.
- Serve with fresh raspberries or orange slices as garnish.